Together, We Make a Difference
Are you passionate about helping others? Are you a motivated and organized? You could be the perfect candidate for the Supported Employment Intern position at Opportunity Services. Make a Difference in a person's life supporting them in their employment development and job skills training!
Opportunity Services is where adults with disabilities find pride in a job well done, and where employers find their most dedicated employees. OS offers individuals the opportunity to build independent living skills and involvement in community integration to improve their quality of life. For over 40 years, OS has served students, business partners, and communities with mastering the art of matching students with employers. Beyond job assistance, we’re in the business of increasing our students’ presence in the workplace and community at large.
Hours and Benefits of the Supported Employment Intern:
- Part-time flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Pay is $12.50-17.50 per hour
- Located in St. Cloud, MN
Essential and Principle Job Responsibilities of the Supported Employment Intern :
- Partner with St. Cloud/Sauk Rapids students by assisting with identifying their own unique abilities, vocational potential and develop existing skills to gain and maintain meaningful employment.
- Provide pre-employment, on the job training, job coaching, retention services and follow along supports per each student’s individual needs and desires.
- Recognize and advocates for student rights/need for reasonable accommodations, techniques, and different methods of instruction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of task analysis and training plan based on student’s needs as it relates to the job.
- Provide supervision and support to the student according to their individual career plan and consistent with employer practices.
- Serve as a liaison and community connection with business and industry personnel, stakeholders, teams and Opportunity Services.
- Complete administrative tasks including maintaining student files, reporting, timesheets, and updating calendar daily
Requirements of the Supported Employment Intern:
- Seeking 4 year degree in related field
- Strong desire to help others achieve their goals
- Ability to self-manage day to day tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Attention to detail and accurate and timely completion of duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including independent problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Communicate effectively with staff, supervisors and client teams
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Clean driving record
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, torque, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, and reach above shoulders
Position also known as: Job Coach, Skill Development Coach, Intern, Employment Specialist