Advanced Regenerative Manufacturing Institute
Internships last a minimum of 10 weeks, 12 preferred, and summer internships are to begin no later than June 17, 2019.
Variable depending on experience / credentials
The Advanced Regenerative Manufacturing Institute (ARMI) seeks to make practical the large-scale manufacturing of engineered tissues and other tissue-related technologies, to benefit existing industries and grow new ones.
As an intern, your task will be to conduct primary research to identify and track organizations within the tissue engineering industry. You will be working with members of the ARMI staff to mine, clean, and organize data in order to satisfy the empirical needs of both the organization and the industry as a whole.
- Analyzing data using various search tools to prioritize useful information
- Gathering pertinent information regarding industry, academia, non-profit and government organizations
- Organizing findings in a way that is both clear and concise
- Working with others to determine the most effective research strategy
- Creating/Adding to existing databases within Microsoft Excel and Salesforce
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Interest in biofabrication, tissue engineering, or other biology-related fields
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Time management in a fast-paced environment
- Meeting and Event scheduling
- Written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Self-motivation and possession of an outgoing personality
- Emotional intelligence and ability to effectively negotiate through conflict
- Ability to work with Microsoft software products
Applicants should be aware that short-term housing options in Manchester, NH are limited and that ARMI is not able to assist with housing.
Public transportation is available and routes/schedules can be found by visiting the Manchester Transit Authority website, www.mtabus.org
Please be aware that we try to make sure that our internship opportunities are well defined and will provide a unique experience. We understand that most candidates would like to know if they have a placement as soon as possible, but at ARMI it takes more time than other companies. We will try to let you know as soon as we can, but encourage you to pursue other opportunities as well.