Requisition ID: 250671
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Project:
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With SAP Internship Experience Project in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
- CIS ( Critical Incident Support) team is responsible for managing and resolving high priority issues ( P1), Preferred Care P2 & P3 issues for customers.
- We have a global presence with teams located in US, Brazil & India and provide 24/5 support at this moment for customers on all Ariba products.
- Team currently has 35 full time resources expertized to work in various areas of the spend management.
What you’ll do:
Position Title::- Intern- Critical Incident Support Engineer
Expected start date to end date: June 8, 2020 - August 14, 2020
About the Role:-
The primary function of the Critical Incident Support Engineer is to assist CIS support engineers. They can learn and provide technical and product expertise to support customers experiencing complex issues on the SAP Ariba applications. CIS manage SAP customers that are preferred. Exceptional delivering of solutions will trigger renewals , referrals etc which adds additional revenue to business.
Below are the duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide direct technical assistance with customers via phone and email
- Own and manage concurrent Service Requests in a ticketing system
- Provide ongoing and timely communication to customers regarding the status of their requests which need fixes.
- Troubleshoot customer issues to resolution
- Collaborate with and develop strong working relationships with cross-functional, global teams
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise with product functionality; continue developing core product skill set as new innovations are released
- Ensure that emergency situations or business critical issues are resolved in the most timely and effective manner possible
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge of one or more of the below skill is what we are looking for
- Writing SQL queries
- Reading Java and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of XML, including SOAP and html is an added advantage
- Troubleshooting and debugging common web-browsers
SSO (Single Sign-on) technologies, particularly SAML
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline in order to understand and drive external communications based on technical debugging and analysis.
- Knowledge working with a web-based or enterprise software solutions
- problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with strong problem-solving skills and a “can do” attitude
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly-growing organization.
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
- Strong sense of empathy for all parties involved in critical issues
- Aptitude for understanding how SaaS solutions solve business problems
- Ability to convey information clearly
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don’t miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.