Biogen’s Co-op Program is a 6-month, full-time experience where you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge beyond the classroom, partner with industry-leading professionals, and network from fellow students as you engage in exciting projects. Together, we pioneer.
We are the mass spec-based proteomics group. We develop and apply advanced proteomics methods in supporting therapeutics characterization including drug MOA, lead compound selectivity and target engagement etc., target biology including signaling, pathways, protein synthesis/degradation, protein interaction and complex dynamics, and other drug discovery requests such as cell and animal model characterization and selection for antibody expression system, lead compound screening and assessment etc.
An important component of proteomics analysis is the proteomics bioinformatics. The proteomics bioinformatics has largely extended its role in past couple of years. In addition to its core responsibility and focus of proteomic data processing and data analysis, the team has been developing Biogen chemical biology database (BCBD) as a knowledgebase to support phenotypic screening and target assessment.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- A Python and Django Developer with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB) knowledge
- Able to understand and have knowledge of chemical biology and proteomics
- Perform the tasks independently with sense of responsibility and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated good analytical and problem-solving skills
Relocation is not offered for this position.