Georgia Tech Research Institute
INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Developing quantitative decision support models
- Including interfacing with sponsors to deconstruct and define the problem
- Including developing mathematical models to generate and assess alternatives
- Including implementation of executable decision support frameworks with tailored visualizations
- Including supporting sponsor decision making activities
- Collaborate with other researchers on the above tasks
- Designing, implementing, and executing automated tests, both unit and integration tests, to verify framework functionality.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in an engineering or scientific field (e.g., Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.)
- 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Internship period is early/mid-May 2020 through early/mid-August 2020.
- Experience with a configuration management system (e.g. Git)
- Experience working on an engineering team, including software development
- Experience with the Jupyter ecosystem including Jupyer Noteboks and JuputerLab
- Experience with Django or other Python web frameworks (e.g. Flask, Tornado)
- Experience with the Atlassian software development support tool stack (e.g. JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Active in the open source community (e.g. GitHub, BitBucket, Stack Overflow)Experience in 1 or more programming languages
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.