LHB has an exciting summer internship opportunity for a Civil Engineering student to work in our Duluth Office!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
As a Civil Engineering intern with LHB, you will have customized, hands-on training through direct project experience and related additional duties. In this internship you will spend most of your time out in the field, interacting with several LHB disciplines, clients and contractors. In this position you will assist with reviewing and interpreting plan sets for bridges and/ or roadways in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, assist with survey and project staking, and aid in project documentation, record keeping and close out. Travel throughout northeastern Minnesota may be required.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Application materials must demonstrate prior experience with, and a working knowledge of, AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Must be in junior or senior year of college
- Preference given to applicants that have demonstrated construction experience on bridge or culvert/roadway projects
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Application materials must demonstrate familiarity with construction standards, plans, and requirements Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Copy of Transcripts (Does NOT need to be official transcripts)
Position Closing Date: May 5, 2020
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, bridges and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled