Sacred Heart Health System, FL
We Are Hiring
Nursing Intern - Administration - PRN,Rotating - Sacred Hrt Hosp Pensacola - Pensacola,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to communities in South Alabama and across Northwest Florida. The health system includes the 566-bed Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola and the Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart, the region's only facility specializing in the care of children. Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network. In 2003, Ascension Sacred Heart opened its Emerald Coast hospital, a 76-bed community hospital in Walton County, near Destin, Fla. Ascension Sacred Heart also includes a 75-bed hospital in Panama City where services include a Level II trauma center and advanced cardiovascular care, as well as a 19-bed community hospital in Port St. Joe, FL, that serves Gulf and Franklin counties.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity toUnder the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Completes assigned nursing orders as directed by preceptor, including assisting patient with activities of daily living and taking vital signs.
- Observes patient status and responses. Documents and reports observations to preceptor or other appropriate staff.
- Assists preceptor with development of care plan by reporting test results and patient observations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including environmental services and preparing/transporting patients for diagnostic services.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
DiplomaHigh school diploma/GED required Enrolled in Nursing program
- None required.