***Recruiting Paused During COVID-19 ***
With the current work environment and volatile market, we have made the difficult decision to pause our recruiting process for this role. We do not know when we will commence recruiting again, but we will remove this notice, and notify those who have applied, when we are ready to start. You are still welcome to apply, but please recognize we will not move to phone interviews until we restart recruiting for this role.
Human Resource Intern Summer 2020
MRA Associates, a dynamic, comprehensive investment and wealth management firm, is seeking students committed to servicing the unique needs of high net worth individuals and their families, as well as institutions. We are one of Phoenix Business Journal's top ranked independent investment advisers and one of CareerBuilder's Top Companies to Work For in Arizona. Our team approach focuses on providing excellent client service in a well reputed, fast paced environment. Our small but quickly growing firm boasts a fantastic workplace culture, encourages innovation, and wants motivated students to come join our team!
Paid human resources internship with a small company (50+ employees). Intern will be exposed to multiple aspects of human resources. Hands-on learning starts day one in this fast paced environment. Obtaining course credit may also be possible, depending on the student's program approval. Hours will be flexible based on school schedule. Term of internship is 1 semester and potential for extensions exist. Apply at any time as we are continually interviewing for upcoming semesters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Internship will provide exposure to the inner-workings of a wealth management firm. Responsibilities include a wide variety of Human Resources related task.
- Managing employee benefits administration
- Employee on boarding and terminations
- Maintaining electronic employee files
- Processing bi-weekly payroll
- Human resources information system administration
- Developing/updating human resources procedures, etc.
- Brainstorming events and activities that will enhance the company culture
- Potential for other company projects that may not be human resources related.
- All School of Business Undergraduate Majors
- Junior or Senior in college
- Interest in a career in human resources
- Passionate about projects and assigned work
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- High-level Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask with proven ability to plan and achieve results
- Demonstrate highest personal ethics and integrity
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information
- Acceptable result on background and drug test
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Desire and ability to work in a small company environment