Tennessee Department of General Services
GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF DIVERSITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISE INTERNSHIP
The Tennessee Department of General Services is responsible for providing goods and services to the State government of Tennessee. Its primary customers are other State departments and agencies. It also serves vendors wishing to do business with the State, and citizens and organizations interested in purchasing surplus State and federal property. The Department’s services include centralized procurement for State departments; management of the State’s real estate assets; motor vehicle and equipment management; printing, media, and photographic services; postal services; warehousing and distribution; State employee parking, badging, and shuttle services; and assistance to small businesses and businesses owned by minorities, women, and veterans. For more information about the Department of General Services please visit www.tn.gov/generalservices.
The Department is currently seeking 1 intern on the Go-DBE team within the Central Procurement Office located in downtown Nashville. Go-DBE’s main focus is to attract and assist minority-owned, woman-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, persons with disabilities and small business enterprises interested in doing business with the State of Tennessee. This office is charged with assisting state agencies and departments with achieving agency internal goals for participation with minority-owned, woman-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned and small business enterprises.
The selected intern should expect to report onsite for approximately 20 hours per week and will receive $10 per hour (total internship pay to be approximately $1600). The internship will run from June 15th-August 15th, 2020.
Over the course of the internship, interns can expect to gain knowledge/skills/experience in business, marketing, public administration with the opportunity to work with the Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise staff of the Central Procurement Office on a variety of different projects.
- Attend pre-response/pre-bid conferences to educate public sector and industry with information regarding the State of Tennessee’s diversity program
- Assist with the registration and certification of minority-owned, woman-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned and small business enterprises interested in doing business with the State
- Assist to maintain an up to date directory of active certified businesses
- Work and obtain a firsthand understanding of state agencies and departments and their agency internal goals for participation with minority-owned, woman-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned and small business enterprises. and other aspects of public contracting
- Must have an interest in Business, Marketing, Public Administration, or similar field
- Must be in or entering final year of study within an accredited college or university or recently graduated
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page: