ABC Home Medical, Inc.
ABC Medical is looking for a student intern with exceptional customer service skills, solid troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills.
The Desktop Support Intern will provide support to IT Help Desk team assisting with end users with problems. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested, determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance. This is a continuous appointment, initially lasting up to 6 months with the potential for permanent employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the setup of new desktop computers and laptops
- Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of desktop computers and laptops
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Respond and resolve technical support requests in a timely manner
- Record activities, solutions and other responses within ticketing software
- Provide on-site and remote technical support for end users
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Basic computer hardware knowledge
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Basic networking knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must possess the ability to: interact professionally and ethically with patients, caregivers; handle multiple tasks simultaneously; provide clear, concise oral and written directives/communications; quickly assess situations and respond appropriately; handle special requests in a sensitive, professional manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABC Medical is looking for a student intern with exceptional customer service skills, solid troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills. Applicants must have experience with Windows 10 in a technical support environment. Experience with Windows 8 is a plus. Applicants must also have experience supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office Applications. Experience with networking technologies and printer support is preferred. Applicants must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software. Applicant must have awareness of the PC industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology. Applicants should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems. Applicants should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources. Applicants should have the ability to perform tasks such as operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, as well as virus protection and eradication.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 35-40 hours per week.
- Must be available and willing to commit at least (6) months initially for an internship.
- Minimum of two years of college or trade school education in a business communications or computer related field.
- A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print services.
- Proficiency in computer applications:
- Microsoft Excel – Manipulation of data; transferring data; development of charts and tables
- Microsoft Word – Entering and formatting text; inserting charts, tables, and other visuals
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Creating and editing slides; inserting text, charts, tables,
Our industry is a highly regulated industry, and because of that and our commitment to providing the best in class products, services, and support, we require ALL employees to complete the following training programs prior to the marketing and promotion of our products, services, and support systems:
A. Anti-Kick Back Training
B. Fraud, Abuse, and Waste Training
C. HIPAA Training
D. Systems Training
To continue to be best in class within our industry, we require all employees to participate in ongoing education to maintain / increase their competency or in the event the team member changes responsibility within the company. We also require our specific licensed professionals, such as RN, CPA, to remain licensed in their specific field and maintain the standards according to the specific state licensure.
Employment with the Company is “at will.” This means an employee or the Company may end employment at any time with or without reason. None of the Company’s policies, procedures, or practices, including those set forth on the Company Website and/or Intranet, are to be viewed as creating any promises or contractual rights. They are guidelines that the Company may, at its discretion, change at any time without prior notice to any employee. The information contained in this policy replaces all previous handbooks and other statements of Company policies, rules, and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- it support: 2 years (Preferred)
- desktop support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel Manipulation of data, transferring: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer Network Cabling, Network Filing and Print Services: 2 years (Preferred)
- technical support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 2 years (Preferred)
- upgrading to windows 10: 2 years (Preferred)
- performing basic desktop support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Port Saint Lucie, FL 34983 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Are you available and willing to commit to at least 6 months initially for an internship?