An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders,
and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career.
We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Business Operation Interns to join the Defense Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Defense Systems, ITSSC Program, supporting the Social Security Administration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with a Project Manager Support Lead in supporting project management activities as needed
- Gathers staffing and financial data and prepares reports and presents to leads and/or management for analysis
- Enters data into various applications and databases
- Organizes, plans, facilitates and documents meetings with project stakeholders to elicit requirements
- Analyzes, develops, and manages detailed requirements documentation
- Performs quality checks on standard suitability forms prior to delivering to the customer
- Interfaces with customer and program management to provide various reports on a regular basis
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Understands your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria.
The candidate must:
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020
- Be majoring in Business Administration, Project Management, Finance, or any other related discipline. STEM degrees may also be considered.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance
- Experience or Coursework in Microsoft Excel, and MS suite of products (Word and PowerPoint)
- 3.7 cumulative GPA or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership, & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, independent and proficient in multi-tasking
- Able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and responsive with an internally generated sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience supporting program operations
- Working knowledge of Visio
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.