Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
The Technical Support Intern will work directly with our Support Team. The internship will have responsibilities for managing educational content for both customers and employees, learning and facilitating our “chat function” and supporting customers, and based on technical skill the potential of testing of new features. They will become familiar with the customer support process and technical problem solving.
To be successful in this role you must be curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, computer literate and self-motivated. This a part-time to full-time internship is ideal for a college student seeking customer support experience and exposure to a fast-paced startup.
In the end, you must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.
- Eager to learn
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter
- An excellent communicator with great listening and problem solving skills
- Team player able to work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Tech Savvy: You enjoy learning about new technology, but understand the basics
- A Good Teacher: You can make complex concepts seem simple
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Study, diagnose, troubleshoot and recognize solutions to solve customer issues
- Follow proper escalation of unsolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide detailed feedback to customers promptly
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document workflows in knowledge base articles
- Ambition to grow and learn
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas and invite continual feedback
- Experience with ticketing programs such as Zendesk & HubSpot.
- Experience working with technical problems or training.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Ongoing training and professional development
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your skill set and experience with technical problem solving and project management responsibilities
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- One location
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19