Dev Technology Group is seeking talented rising Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors for our Summer 2020 Internship Program. Interns will be based out of our headquarters in Reston, Virginia or our office in Washington, D.C. This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking professional experience and exposure to corporate environments and operations that will lend to a career in the IT services or government contracting industry.
Dev interns will gain first-hand experience and knowledge supporting a leading Information Technology provider supporting the Federal Government. The intern will support a project or corporate team applying technical thinking and problem solving to address current initiatives. As a part of the broader Summer Intern program, the Intern will gain experience and knowledge in three key areas: technology including new trends, professional work environments, and Government contracting. Here are some of the activities:
- Complete work products or contribute to key project for the project or corporate team
- Conduct research or analysis assignments and make recommendations
- Attend team meetings learning the functions of how the team operates and being assigned tasks for the day or week
- Work with fellow Summer Interns on a technically focused project and present the groups results to the executive team at the end of the program. (Past projects have include developing an internal application and planning a hack-a-thon)
- Attending corporate level meetings to learn about a broad spectrum of areas of the business, such as business development, finance and project management
- Rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors working toward a bachelor's degree in a preferred area of Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields (tech or business)
- Experience applying technology to solve complex problems whether in or out of class
- The ability to work independently and in a team with developers providing guidance and support
- A desire to learn new skills, including self-study if needed
- The ability to follow through on tasks to completion
- True enjoyment of technology and the desire to contribute to a team's output
- Must be able to commute to either the DC or Reston office depending on the location of internship.
- Start and end dates are flexible. Hours are flexible.
- Multiple internship opportunities are available.
- Our Dev internship program will run remotely during Covid-19. Dev's corporate culture fosters continuous opportunities for learning and development; innovation and resilience are two of our core values.