Requisition ID: 250721
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Project
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With SAP Internship Experience Project in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
The Customer Support Associate is the face and voice of Ariba to our customers, building relationships in each interaction. Specialists help our customers maximize the benefits of Ariba solutions to facilitate a global exchange of goods and services in the world’s largest business to business trading community. They use their expertise and collaborate with team members and customers across the globe to provide detailed solutions that exceed expectations.
Position Title: SAP Ariba iXp Intern – Customer Support
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Expected start date to end date: June 8, 2020 – August 14, 2020
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide inbound application and functional support for all relevant Ariba applications, both internally and externally, by way of email, webform and phone.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner and within service level objectives.
- Successfully document all requests through the CRM system while adhering to all documented procedures.
- Provide general assistance to other teams within Global Customer Support and Ariba.
- Conduct all customer interactions in a manner that presents Ariba in a positive light.
- Ensure that individual performance meets or exceeds the department standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stays curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with a focus on Supply Chain or related major
- Technical aptitude. Knowledge in computer hardware and software applications along with experience using the Internet.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience preferred.
- Customer focus and stress tolerance.
- Superior communication and telephone skills.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt support style to align with the technical capabilities of the customer.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Fluency in at least one foreign language is highly desirable.
- Experience or education in working with individuals from diverse cultures preferred.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.