Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Technical and Production Support Intern will be involved in support of the production assembly and technical support of all AgSense products. Responsible for dealer and end user customer technical support primarily over the phone and through Live Chat. This position requires excellent listening skills, a calm demeanor, technical knowledge of electrical and electronic circuitry and a willingness to work technical issues through to resolution. Includes assembly of equipment, as well as answering questions regarding equipment installation, service, trouble shooting, website, and App navigation.
- Work with assembly and shipping team to assist with daily production goals
- Answer dealer/customer questions regarding installation, troubleshooting and website navigation
- Assist customers inquires about products and services
- Determine the nature of the call and the best path to resolution, escalating to next level, as necessary
- Create Return Material Authorization (RMA) requests and document warranty claims
- Prepare product and/or service reports by collecting and analyzing call data
- This position reports to the Director of Operations
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Communicate and help resolve issues to the appropriate departments for resolutions- includes website, app and hardware
- Present at domestic and international meetings as required
- Communicate and train new products and features to staff and dealers
- Resolve hardware, software and other issues
- May be assigned to manage Special Projects on an as needed basis
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma or on track to graduate
- Business acumen
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and basic office applications
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship – Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]