Metropolitan Transportation Authority
This position is a Training Program and is an introduction to the Long Island Rail Road and its various operating and supporting departments as they relate to Telecommunications. This program is designed to develop the employee for future management positions within the Engineering Telecommunications Department. The participant will work with a mentor and be assigned tasks with metrics that shall be monitored.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Observe, learn, and implement teachings in field and office.
- Understand and learn principles of Railroad construction.
- Demonstrate known engineering principles; learn and demonstrate daily on large construction jobs.
- Must learn and demonstrate control of the following: manpower, material, equipment, track, budget and quality control.
- Effectively communicate to form positive relationships and develop motivational skills.
- Assume responsibility and initiative to get job done productively through the learned process of supervising.
- Apply what is learned from LIRR references (i.e., textbooks, policies and procedures, such as CE-1, MW I and FRA).
- Learn union rules and agreements and apply to crafts under jurisdiction.
- Become familiar with administrative forms required for project control, payroll, material, requisition, etc.
- Perform Internal audits and inspections as directed. Conduct field surveys
- Ensure a safe working environment and adherence to guidelines of company safety policies and procedures. Lead by example.
- Perform other assignments as requested by senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Telecommunications, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Networking or a related field.
- Must possess strong human relations, communication, interpersonal and judgment skills.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Must be a detail oriented individual, with excellent comprehension and research skills.
- Must be a critical thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be available 24/7/365.
- A minor in Computer Science or Business Management.
- A Masters Degree with applicable work experience preferred.
- Technical writing skills, specification writing skills.
- Full Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Sick Leave Benefits
- Deferred Compensation
- Vacation/Personal Leave Days
- Transportation Pass Privileges
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Pension Plan
- In-house training seminars
BRS 241- Junior Engineers:
First 6 months- $30.248137
After 6 months of service - $31.760544
After 12 months of service- $33.348571
After 18 months of service- $35.016000
After 24 months of service- $36.766800
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to a pre-screening assessment (i.e., physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. A record of more than ten sick days without medical documentation in two of the last three years is considered unsatisfactory attendance. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A medical examination and safety-sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
All LIRR employees must go to https://www.mymta.info/, sign in using your BSC ID and navigate to My Job Search and then Careers.
When applying for positions, please ensure that you attach a resume during the application process and that you receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was accepted. If you do not receive an email confirmation, your application may not have been received and will not be able to be considered after the deadline date. If you encounter problems, please call the BSC Customer Management Center at (646) 376-0123 Monday through Friday (except MTA HQ holidays), 8:30am – 5:00pm.
The Long Island Rail Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. As such, we encourage applicants from women and members of minority groups.