American Family Insurance
At American Family Insurance, we’re driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Job ID:R16393 Summer 2020 Internship Human Resources Consultant (Open)
Summary:As a HR intern you will assist in establishing and maintaining strategies to meet organizational objectives. Under the direction of a senior level employee or manager you will work on projects that support the business area goals and results. You will also complete tasks using both interpersonal and technical skills appropriate to the specific job assignment, while adapting to new or changing situations in a team environment.
- Develop an understanding of American Family's business environments, corporate culture and structure to support work initiatives.
- Supports the diagnosis, development and implementation of client-specific HR solutions through the use of data and storytelling, coaching and consultation with clients. Partners with Human Resource Advisors and divisional centers of expertise to deliver HR solutions and programs that attract, motivate, develop and retain talent.
- Maintain work efficiency and respond positively to a changing environment.
- Open to and supports new ideas, systems and procedures. Generate creative ideas and actions in response to changing situations.
- Adjust strategies or tactics in situations where the current approaches are ineffective.
- Option to work part time hours max of 29 after returning to school and the summer program is completed
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience working within a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of developing and managing project work.
- Must be in pursuit of a post-secondary degree or certificate during the semester of the internship.
- Pursuing post-secondary education in a related major to the internship.
Additional Job Information:
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!