Palmetto Engineering and Consulting, LLC
Information Technology Support Technician/Student Intern
Palmetto Engineering & Consulting is seeking a part-time student employee/intern in our Information Technology department.
Founded in 2006, PEC has quickly grown from three founders to nearly 200 employees who work from our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina, our Central office in North Little Rock, Arkansas, and multiple satellite offices across the country.
Consultants and professional engineers at PEC have proven expertise in solving issues in the areas of industrial electrical engineering, telecommunications engineering, GIS & mapping, and right-of-way (ROW) services for clients in diverse industries, including extrusion, pharmaceutical, film, rubber and chemical, OEM manufacturing, general industrial manufacturing, and oil & gas.
As an IT Intern with Palmetto Engineering & Consulting, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain experience and attain skills in not only computer systems analyst activities, but other activities related to daily operations and administrative duties of a growing SMB.
- Desktop/laptop configuration and set-up
- Level one tech support (Help Desk duties)
- Assisting with IT System Administrator projects
- Performing some logistical and office administration duties
- Must be equivalent to a college junior (or later) student
- Must be enrolled in a college or university IT curriculum
- Must be able to follow directions well
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Must pass a urine drug screen
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 7 and later
- Some experience using Microsoft Office 2010 or later
Helpful to Have
- Experience in a customer service role
- Ability to add email accounts to mobile devices
- Ability to perform minor desktop/laptop hardware cleaning and repairs
- Understanding of client/server networking concepts
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol
- Awareness of the purpose of Active Directory
- Knowing the difference between Workgroup and Domain
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week; M-F with flexible hours between 8 AM and 5 PM.
Deborah Loftis, VP, Human Resources
Palmetto Engineering & Consulting
3504 Highway 153 #320
Greenville, SC 29611
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- One location
Overtime often available:
- Only full-time employees eligible