The Custom Harvester Combine Support Team is comprised of an equipment fleet and technicians that travel from Texas to Montana during the wheat harvest supporting GLEANER combine Custom Harvesters. The CHCS team acts as a mobile dealership; providing parts, and making service calls.
The CHCS Intern is a member of this team, traveling with the CHCS fleet, and is responsible for accurate and prompt field service support to our customer’s equipment.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Making field service calls to repair customer equipment.
- Using existing tools (Tech Connect, AGCO Electronic Diagnostic Tool, Technical Publications, etc.) to diagnose customer complaints
- Communicating with AGCO Dealer Technical Service and Support team to report emerging issues
- Assisting with the stocking and inventory of parts.
- Assisting with repair order creation; documenting customer, machine, parts, and repair information
- Learning and following rules for vehicle use and operation
- Monitoring and maintaining service trucks. This includes maintenance, tool inventory, and organization
Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year accredited university to obtain a degree in Engineering, Technology or Ag Sciences discipline.
- Experience with mobile equipment (such as agricultural, construction or forestry equipment; on/off-road trucks; or, automobiles)
Accomplished communication capabilities (spoken and written)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with the theories of hydraulics, engines, gear trains, electrical systems, and air conditioning systems. Should be versed in the use of tools and diagnostic devices used to repair these components.
- Knowledge of harvesting equipment design and functionality
- Must be capable of producing good written technical reports on subjects of product reliability and performance.