State of Arizona
The Arizona Attorney General’s Office, Criminal Division, Office of Victim Services Section is currently accepting applications for volunteers and interns to serve as Volunteer Agency Support Team Intern, in the Phoenix office, for the Fall semester.
The Agency Support Team Intern (ASTI) will support programs of the Office of Victim Services (OVS) in the Criminal Division at the Arizona Attorney General’s Office. The ASTI will support the Agency Support Team of the OVS; the Victims’ Rights Program, which funds victims’ rights programs at more than 60 criminal justice agencies, the Victims’ Rights Training Program, which trains advocates, law enforcement, criminal justice professionals, and others on the rights of victims in the criminal justice process, and the Victims’ Rights Compliance Program which conducts agency audits. This position will have the unique opportunity to observe and participate in the development of solutions to statewide issues in the victims’ rights arena of the Arizona criminal justice community.
- Victims’ rights presentation coordination and promotion
- Presentation preparation and registration
- Agency grant program review and management
- Assisting with Grant Management System Testing
- Audit preparation, review, and follow-up
- Manage Mandated Forms projects
- Accompany management team members to meetings, committees, and workgroups
- Support the Director and other management staff with special projects
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft applications including: excel, word and PowerPoint
- Professional phone and e-mail etiquette
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational capacity
- Minimum junior status for bachelor's degree students; minimum of second year status for associate's degree students.
- Hours Required: The Agency Support Intern will be required to complete a minimum of 192 hours for the semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.75.
- Pass a security background check.
- Possess a valid driver's license or state picture I.D.