Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare
Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare is pleased to announce our new Summer Student Registered Nurse Internship Program. The Summer Student Registered Nurse Internship is designed for senior nursing students who have completed one year of nursing school with at least one clinical rotation and who is within one year of graduating. During this 9-week paid summer program, interns will work three 12-hour shifts weekly with an RN partner in clinical areas. The program will begin on Monday, June 1st and end on Friday, July 31st with a mandatory orientation on May 28th and May 29th.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in either a BSN or ADN accredited nursing program and be in good standing
- Must have completed at least one year of nursing school
- Must have completed at least one clinical rotation
- Anticipated graduation date within 12 months
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4
- Must hold a current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
The student nurse intern will function under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. The intern will follow all policies and procedures of TMH and actively support a commitment to the mission and vision of TMH, consistently displaying behaviors in harmony with the ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. The intern will be responsible for assisting patients with activities of daily living and for maintaining an environment conducive to the patient’s safety. Other duties may be assigned as directed by the RN.
Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Summer Nurse Interns will be placed with a mentor RN in clinical areas. Every effort will be made to place interns in their area of interest but not guaranteed. The nurse intern will gain valuable experience and exposure to various clinical areas as well as afforded unique opportunities for hands-on patient care and observation experiences of different patient procedures and nursing roles within an acute care setting.
- 36 hours per week; variable shifts which may include nights and/or weekends
- Interns will be assigned to a RN mentor and will work their schedule
- Shadowing and mentoring opportunities
- Hands-on patient care experience under the direction of an RN
Only 20 applicants will be accepted to ensure quality and unique experiences for your interns