Role Summary:GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping clinicians around the world re-imagine new ways to predict, diagnose, inform and treat disease.
Operations assignments vary on assigned department. A fulfillment assignment may
include working on material shortage issues, and working on materials planning while a sourcing
assignments will entail working closely with the engineering team and strategic suppliers to identify
opportunities for productivity -reducing costs- and supplier consolidation.
Operations interns will work in are medical imaging, information technologies and patient
monitoring. Operations assignments could include core operations environmental health and
safety (EHS) and fulfillment activities which may consist of Manufacturing, Lean Action
Workouts, Accessory Planning, or Capital Equipment order fulfillment or sourcing activities such
as working with the engineering department and outside vendors and suppliers on materials.
There will be project-oriented assignments where a manager and mentor are assigned for support.
- 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- High self-confidence.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and technical competency in Engineering areas.
- Proven Leadership skills and experience.
- Strong Initiative and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Able to work for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Must be willing to relocate.
- Must be a full time student pursuing a degree in Engineering. For those with a focus on EHS, a 4 year degree in Engineering or Environmental Eng.; Environment, Health & Safety; Industrial Hygiene/Safety
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Prior intern, co-op,
or research experience in design engineering or manufacturing or research experience in the
- Strong commitment to a career in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated analytic approach to problem
- Proven adaptable to difficult situations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and community
Knowledge of LEAN
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.