Newport Hotel Group
The LEAD Internship Program is a rotational training plan intended to provide an overall introduction to the operations of the hotel and to the core basics and values of the Newport Hotel Group. During the LEAD Internship Program, the intern will also receive an introduction and exposure to all departments within the hotel(s) they are working at; primarily focusing on Housekeeping and Front Office.
The intern will move through and train in the Housekeeping Department and/or the Front Office for their training. Within the Housekeeping Department, the intern will then learn the key functions and responsibilities of the Guest Room Attendants, Housepersons, and Laundry Attendants. Depending on performance, the intern may also advance to train and function as a Room Inspector. Within the Front Office, the intern will also learn the key functions and responsibilities of the Front Desk Agents and Night Auditor. The goal for each LEAD intern is to acquire and perfect as many operational and leadership skills as possible during the position rotation to further their education in hospitality and operational experience. The LEAD Internship program also serves as a strong foundation for the LEAD Manager in Training Program.
The LEAD intern will also receive skills training including, but not limited, to the following:
- Learn hotel and company service standards.
- Develop written and verbal communication skills individually and throughout departments.
- Learn operational housekeeping and front office SOPs.
- Gain a general understanding of the computer-based property management system (PMS).
- Develop an understanding of each department’s role and scope of responsibility.
- Learn departmental safety regulations and procedures.
- Learn the operational reporting procedures.
- Learn housekeeping room cleaning sequence, techniques, and inspection procedures.
- Review operation forecasting methods relation through departments and staffing methods and guidelines.
- Develop problem and complaint resolution skills.
- Further development of time management skills as it relates to the department.
Job Type: Full-time
- Must currently be enrolled at a College/University
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off