UMass Memorial Health Care
Title: Career Path Intern - Undergrad
Department: Clinical Integration
Posting Date: March 25, 2020
Hours: as needed
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – 67 Millbrook Street, Worcester
Position Summary:As the region’s largest health care provider, UMass Memorial is interested in helping college students develop a career in health care. We believe every job matters in the care of our patients. The UMass Memorial Career P.A.T.H. (Professional Administrative Tracks in Health Care) Internship Program’s goal is to provide an interesting, structured learning experience to prepare students for success as an administrative professional.Interns will be introduced to UMass Memorial and the variety of experiences and careers we have to offer and will also have the opportunity to network with other students interested in a rewarding career in health care.Under direct supervision performs a variety of projects in accordance with specific instructions and established work procedures. This position is for an undergraduate college level student who is hired to support management with assisting with projects plans and related activities.
- Participates in one large project or multiple small projects while in student intern status.
- Receives project guidelines/instructions from management and delivers within the scope of their responsibility a finalized product.
- Participates in department activities as required and provides support as needed which may include analysis and research.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings and seminars as required or directed.
Requires undergraduate college level student with an ability to work independently.
Requires good communications skills, both verbal and written. Must have computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs. Must be able to follow instructions and ask for assistance when needed. Must be willing to learn new skills. Ability to work well with public and staff, and as a team member.
Standards of Respect: