British American Tobacco
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc.. This position is with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company (2004).
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking passionate interns to assist the function in delivering creative and innovative brand strategies to achieve maximum business benefit across every facet of RAI and its operating companies. Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments. The internships provide challenging assignments and significant exposure to other company functions outside of Consumer Marketing.
You will exercise initiative, creative problem-solving skills, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other colleagues throughout our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support.
PREVIOUS CONSUMER MARKETING INTERNS HAVE:
- Researched the Vapor category specific to e-liquids, the consumer journey, and made recommendations on business initiatives;
- Engaged with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to develop/evolve the ecommerce consumer retention program;
- Identified the most appropriate marketing strategies to support expansion for new category products;
- Influenced strategic direction on how to effectively communicate with moist snuff consumers using technology and new marketing methods;
- Developed a post-engagement communication plan to foster interaction across web, email and direct mail touch points.
- Maximized efforts to engage Adult Tobacco Consumers (ATCs) for one our most iconic brands through thoughtful integrated promotions
TO SUCEED AS A CONSUMER MARKING INTERN IN 2020 YOU SHOULD BE:
- A student who has completed the first year of a full-time MBA program and is passionate about Marketing;
- A highly collaborative, team player, who’s focused on results with a strong nod to digital marketing and/or data analytics;
- A creative self-starter with strong strategy development and planning skills;
AND SOMEONE WHO:
- Wants to fully understand and embrace consumers and their values;
- Has superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Is focused on developing excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- BY THE END OF YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU WILL HAVE:
- Spent time with c-suite leadership during a series of leadership roundtable events
- Gained insight into what it’s like to work here, global development opportunities and career pathways
- Worked directly with experienced cross-functional professionals
- Presented your findings and recommendations to the Consumer Marketing Leadership Team
AS AN INTERN DURING THE SUMMER OF 2020 YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Generous salary
- Paid housing
- Company provided laptop
- Leadership training opportunities
- Fun! Lots of chances to get to know your fellow interns socially
- Connecting with senior leaders during roundtable networking events
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan –we contribute 3% regardless of whether you participate, and on top of that we match your contribution at 100% up to 6%
- Confidential personal financial counseling service at no cost to you
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at [email protected]
California Privacy Notice