Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
ABB Power Grids is seeking a R&D Graduate Intern for its Atlanta, GA location. The R&D Intern will work within a team using Scrum methodology to deliver sprint and release commitments. This Intern position presents a great opportunity to learn new technologies and gain professional experience developing high quality modern software products. The intern will research, prototype and support the team in working effectively to deliver innovative and critical software to our customers
- Research, prototype and develop proof of concepts using new technologies and tools.
- Document and test new software applications.
- Support team member efforts to implement solutions, resolve technical challenges, and troubleshoot while developing skills and gaining professional software development experience.
- Suggest new ideas and new ways of development as part of an overall environment of constant improvement.
- This is an advanced internship and we are seeking rising undergrad seniors and graduate level students of any science, engineering or math program
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Familiar with Scrum development process and bonus points for experience with additional alternative agile processes.
- Written and spoken English is professional, clear and understood by others the first time.
- Experience with the following:
- Cloud: Azure and AWS, DevOps experience, Linux/Unix-based development and Configuration Management
- Familiar with automated testing principles and experience in building automated tests (using tools such as Jenkins).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.