Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Requisition ID # 38103
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Job Location : Chico
The Hydro Support team provides a broad range of land management and real estate support to Power Generation's Hydro Operations staff. The Hydro Support team is a part of the Land Management (LM) organization and is responsible for the oversight and management of PG&E hydro watershed lands. We support Power Generation and Hydro Maintenance by communicating with landowners and ensuring we have adequate land rights for Hydro Projects. We manage third party uses of PG&E's hydro watershed lands, including leases and licenses. We also monitor the lands for trespass and encroachments and act to protect the company's land rights on these lands. We support the Environmental Management Energy Supply to ensure that FERC license requirements are met and maintained.
Hydro Support is looking for a talented summer intern to help support the management of our hydro watershed lands. Essential job functions for the successful candidate will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting FERC and CPUC compliance.
- Working with property owners to remedy encroachment or trespass issues on our watershed lands.
- Reviewing and updating land rights records.
- Performing field inspections of 3rd Party Uses of watershed lands.
- Investigate and provide guidance and technical direction on land rights matters.
- Supporting PG&E’s Land Conservation Commitment.
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced Land Agents, Land Planners, and Land Consultants. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger Power Generation organization through the work they will be performing. This position will be headquartered in Chico.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Land Use/Environmental Planning, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Business, Recreation Management, Economics, History, Law, or related field. Students MUST be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or obtain one at least 30 days prior to start date.
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Experience with regulatory compliance and working with natural resource agencies.
- Conservation easement experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction.
Excellent prioritization skills.
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position.