At ActBlue Technical Services, we build and maintain a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We're a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the software engineers to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We're excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
Join us for a unique and rewarding undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications through Friday, May 1.
As a DevOps/Operations intern with ActBlue Technical Services, you will work with experienced DevOps engineers to build, deploy, test, and maintain our SaaS-based fundraising platform. Specific duties will vary by experience and interest. Join us for an exciting summer as we gear up for the 2020 elections and expand our work in the nonprofit space!
- Build and administer Linux servers in our cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Automate: If it needs to be done more than twice, it needs to be automated. Building, deploying, monitoring, testing, and laying infrastructure are all within our automation sphere.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues. ActBlue's environment demands a sharp mind and thorough analytical skills.
- Linux experience
- Experience or interest in configuration management and desired state frameworks (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, or Chef)
- Progress toward an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science) is preferred
- Strong listening and communication skills
ActBlue's office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston's MBTA Red Line train. This is a full-time, paid internship ($21 per hour), which includes commuter benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue's 401k program.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.