Sparksoft is rapidly growing and expanding our Fairmont, WV office and we are hiring junior/entry level technical candidates! We will be fully training these individuals on all the technical skill sets mentioned, below.
This position will be supporting Sparksoft's DSH Project.
Training will be provided, but knowledge or projects related to the below, from an academic or project standpoint is preferred:
- Design, develop, document, integrate, test and deliver scripts, code and other services employing agile DevOps project life-cycle methodologies, processes procedures, in AWS cloud environment.
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following agile development principles and practices.
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology.
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies
- Sets and adheres to software coding, best practices and style guides to ensure consistency
- Participates in code reviews.
- Completes applications development by contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems.
- Supports users by developing documentation and document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- We will be fully training in this role and looking for candidates that are eager to learn, grow, and develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Junior/Entry level experience
- Bachelors in a technical field (Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Technology, etc.) OR technical experience and knowledge gained from going through a technical program/internship/boot camp etc.
Sparksoft is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.