Supporting Cox Business Operations, the intern will act as technical liaison between Field Service, Software Development, Project Management and vendors. Typically assigned to larger, highly complex projects requiring independent decision-making. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to configure, integrate, test, deploy and support the components of a technical solution ensuring solution meets business and customer expectations.
- Primary duties: perform analysis of equipment performance by pulling historical data and performing analysis of Mean Time Between Failure, and other metrics
Other possible tasks:
- Integrates and unit tests solutions
- Ensures that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
- Performs all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints
- Unit tests solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
- Creates and provides support handover for implemented solutions within agreed timeframes, using existing standards
- Investigates opportunities to use new and emerging technologies
- Supports the Dev team and Field in both the lab and production for any anomaly with the system's performance.
- Test compatibility of TVs with system and assist Dev team with integration of new models
- Assist with installations of system in new properties (Travel required - up to 20%)
- Train Field Service personnel on operation and support of system
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to build and test technical solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- 0-2 years of experience in application development
- Demonstrated knowledge of end-to-end development process (i.e., Unit Testing, Data Testing)
- Technical aptitude in one or more technology domains (IP networks, wifi, video)
- Technical expertise in development languages, toolsets and methodologies
- Experience with MS Sql Server and MS Visual Studio a plus
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.