UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB), Inc
Full-time/ Part-time Internship (unpaid) - This is for credit only!
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
During this internship, your dedication and ATTENTION TO DETAIL are essential to your learning experience, and our continued success. You will work DIRECTLY WITH OUR CEO to design and implement online marketing and PR programs for our B2C business unit. This is a national program (we ship to any residential address in the US) and has been operating for over 10 years! As everyone knows, minor modifications in online marketing and PR can have HUGE impacts on a national company. We will be exploring, testing and TRACKING all of those, together!!!
You will also be exposed to Accounting, Office Management, Procurement, Selling and other departments within our company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with projects using an entrepreneurial approach
- Support digital marketing campaigns, initiatives and executions
- Monitor industry trends and relevant competitor insights
- Contribute ideas!
- Develop, grow and have fun!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Target market research
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of research findings
- Content writing for company website and social media accounts
- Running and analyzing paid advertisements
- Background in Business, Communications, Creative Writing or other related Social Science major
- Passionate about the environment and helping people/companies reduce environmental impact
- Highly motivated for personal growth and advancement
- Demonstrate excellent team communication and interpersonal skills
- Currently working on a Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, or similar field
About Used Cardboard Boxes, Inc.
What: UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) designs & manages large-scale Zero Waste Programs (including Return, Reuse, Resell, Recycle and Waste-to-Energy).
How: UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) pays large companies more than recycling rates for re-usable commodities and optimizes their traditional recyclables to create real financial value. That money can be applied to the Waste-to-Energy process… enabling large companies to get to Zero Waste to Landfill at minimal out-of-pocket cost.
Why: By paying suppliers more than recycling, charging customers less than new packaging, reducing environmental impact, employing people US and making a profit… UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB)'s business model is a win/win/win/win/win.
When UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) launched in 2006, we built technology and designed processes that enabled UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) to buy used/empty boxes (and gaylord totes) from large US food, beverage and CPG manufactures, for more than recycling rates! These are the gaylord totes and shipping boxes they receive and unpack from their vendors (often carrying bulk food, ingredients, plastic bottles & caps, etc.). UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) can pay more than any recycler, because we don't recycle these boxes…. we RESELL them, as boxes, (mainly to major retailers for distribution and reverse logistics) right here in the US. As a closed-loop sustainability program, we actually RETURN BOXES RIGHT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL VENDOR, for reuse! Our programs help separate valuable commodities to reduce waste and identify the most valuable outlet for each commodity.
Our programs have expanded and today we buy gaylord totes, shipping boxes, pallets, supersaks, barrels and drums… all for MORE than recycling rates… and resell them for less than new.
UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) has created a tremendous amount of value at many large companies (Anheuser-Busch, Bayer, Burlington Coat, Family Dollar/Dollar Tree, Foot Locker, General Mills, Goodwill Industries, Keurig, Menards, McCormick Spice, P&G, Pepsi, Sports Authority/DICK's, Safeway/Albertsons, TJMaxx/Marshalls, Target, True Value, Walmart, and many more)as we are likely the largest buyer/seller of quality USED boxes in the country… and now manage almost any byproduct of food/bev/cpg manufacturing or distribution.
UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB)'s proprietary software is called WATER: Waste Analytics and Tracking for Environmental Reporting.
One thing that separates UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) from local box brokers and surely traditional recyclers and even waste consultants is our online, real-time tracking tools that report down to the SKU-level, allowing for continuous improvement programs. This keeps ALL of UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB)'s supplier's reuse, recycling and waste data in one place, for easy (and accurate) online, real-time reporting… at their fingertips! For UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) customers (who buy these used commodities), this same real-time data enables buyers to view inventory to see what meets their needs, compare used pricing to new pricing and even place orders online.
UCBZeroWaste / UsedCardboardBoxes.com (UCB) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift