Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Reports To: Marketing Coordiator, Trusted Choice
Department: Trusted Choice
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Part Time
Hours: Tues - Thurs | 9am - 4pm
Job Purpose: The role’s purpose is to give a student working knowledge of a marketing role at a large association.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with current marketing industry related tools
- Understanding of different marketing methods
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Creative thinker
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and brainstom copy and graphics for use in social media strategy and digital marketing efforts
- Suport the review of member websites for overall effectiveness and digital strategy
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks, such as data entry, organization and overall data management
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities, such as ad creation and strategy collaboration
- Assist in the preparation of promotional presentations and reports
- Contribute creative thinking and ideas in a collaborative team setting
Education and professional Requirements:
- Pursuing a degree in Communications or Marketing
- Experience with Canva a plus but not required
- Knowledge of insurance industry a bonus
This position is typically performed in a traditional office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is required to stand; sit; have mobility; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to control computer mouse, type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
IIABA will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Day shift