Job Description: In this role you will be primarily responsible for developing highly scalable and reliable enterprise-level distributed web-based applications. You must be well-rounded, possess maturity, vision, and a depth of experience that allows for grasping issues quickly and making educated critical judgment decisions. You will participate with requirements analysis while collaborating with internal teams to produce software design and architecture. It is expected that you are able to write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages while also testing and deploying applications and systems. You will also revise, update, refactor and debug code in order to improve existing software release dates. Along those lines, you will develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) while serving as an expert on the applications and provide technical support where needed.
- Participate in the system design at an architectural level while also writing code for a system that has a real impact on the financial industry in detecting and preventing risk and fraud
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing appropriate hardware, database and programming technology
- Improves systems already in place by studying current practices, identifying problems, designing modifications and writing improved procedures
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic and coding changes
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part
- Maintains records, logs and reports of problems and resolutions
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support and training users
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Maintains a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for a high level of confidentiality and security while handling company information; verbal and/or written documentation
- Performs other tasks as requested
- Part of a small team that will evaluate, test and implement new technologies, address production issues, and help to modernize the application
- Evaluating change requests and determining the impact of those changes to the assigned systems
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving problems with existing applications
- Mentor and collaborate with other developers on the design and development of projects
- Conduct code reviews enforcing coding standards and best practices
Experience with an object-oriented programming language required; C# preferred
Knowledge of the Windows Server operating system required
Knowledge of Windows Service development practices required
Knowledge of SQL Server database structure and operation preferred
Knowledge of REST web service development practices desirable
Ability to think analytically and apply programming knowledge to solve real world problems
Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical individuals about application design
- Object Oriented Programming or C#: 3 years (Preferred)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- You will need to quickly learn how our existing .NET and VB developed software supports our SaaS based application and interacts with other elements of our software stack which includes FreeBSD, Apache Web Services and MySQL.
- You will work with our Development Manager on a daily basis to deliver the specified software on a timely basis.
- You will work with our team of Business Analysts as they produce Functional Specifications based on client needs to deliver the best possible solution.
- You will collaborate with other members of the development team in periodic peer reviews as a means of meeting and exceeding the high standards we have developed for this application.
- 3+ years of experience developing mission critical software
- At least 3 recent years’ experience working in the C# .NET environment
- 2+ years working with VB (highly preferred)
- Experience in developing with PHP
- Experience working with SQL databases preferably MySQL
- Experience working with Apache web services
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Thank you for considering CWT for your next career opportunity.
CWT provides a wide variety of challenging opportunities, ensuring our associates work in highly sought-after environments and with the latest innovations in technology. We start our relationship with a conversation about your career goals, and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity. The world of IT is continuously changing, so we know the importance of keeping your skills sharp. As part of your continued growth, we’ll provide you with opportunities for training and development to help you stay ahead of the curve. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
CWT | Strategically-Led Technology Solutions
Dublin, OH 43016
The CareWorks Tech is committed to providing career opportunity and growth to all Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,564.00 to $77,641.00 /year
- SDLC: 4 years (Required)
- C#: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends