United Technologies Corp. Headquarters
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) has a deep history of innovation that brings together big thinkers, problem solvers and a culture for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our global reach and rich history uniquely positions us to succeed in the new digital economy. Our investment in digital innovations will make travel better, people safer and urbanizing cities more comfortable and connected.
UTC is committed to leading in the digital era and will unleash the size and scale of its businesses on the digital world of big data and the Internet of Things. We are looking for the very best thought and technology leaders who will help grow our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, New York – In a vibrant, urban, oasis overlooking the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Come join us in this journey.
About United Technologies – NYSE UTX:
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced, aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 200,000 employees globally.
We are seeking highly motivated Software Developer who will directly impact the next-generation of our products and services. You will play a hands-on role in the design and development of new digital apps as well as improvements to our existing digital portfolio. In this position you will be exposed to all software system components, including the UI, backend systems, database, performance tuning, security design, and mobile and desktop deployment. You will have the ability to grow your experience and explore new technologies within our cross-collaboration team setting that is leading the digital transformation for United Technologies.
As a member of a cross-functional team of product managers, software architects and designers, you will combine your software development and analytical skills to build web & mobile apps that solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with UTC’s engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams to challenge the boundaries of what’s possible.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTC’s best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
- Work within engineering across the stack (Backend, Frontend, Data) to help write, test and deploy code for key aerospace projects collaborating with product managers and UI/UX designers.
- Communicate regularly with teammates, your mentor, and management on progress and roadblocks.
- Adhere to common coding standards and submit your code for regular peer review.
- Test your code and support other teams in efficiently evaluating your code’s quality.
- At least sophomore status or completion of a minimum of 30 credit hours of college coursework.
- GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- Hands-on development experience with one or more of the following: Python, C, C++, Java, Swift, Node.js and other API related technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
- Champion of change and vision
- Work experience in programming, data science, machine learning is a plus
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems