BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
BJs Wholesale Club prides itself on our Management Development Program Summer Internship. We have been awarded Forbes best employers for new grads in 2018 and best places to work for LGBTQ equality in 2017. As a company we provide students with a well-rounded corporate experience to develop the necessary skills they need to thrive in the next step of their career. We offer a competitive paid internship that has strategic and project-based positions in different areas of the business. As an intern you would report to a Director or above and be assigned a mentor that will help you navigate the day to day operations
BJ’s has been saving our members money on their shopping needs for over 35 years. Our members are the core of our business, and consistently signing up new members, is a substantial part of the strategy to grow our sales and our profits. Specifically, the Member Acquisition team, is charged with driving sign ups of younger members, who represent significant life time value opportunities. The pathway to changing the age characteristic of our membership is the digital channel. We are investing significantly in growing the % of members we sign up through digital platforms. In order to accomplish this, we need the best and brightest minds to help us conceptualize and rationalize tactics, execute new digital programs and be able to understand and explain the ROI of each dollar we spend, in the process. Working with Creative/Brand Marketing, Membership Analytics, Finance and Legal, this job truly touches all the bases.Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, and recommend 5 new digital tactics, to be vetted as potential incremental programs. Focus on Cost Per Paid, available scale and ROI ….
- Immerse your thinking in our Social Media Acquisition strategy and develop 3 new ways to communicate with nonmembers, either through an existing platform or via a new idea
- Looking at BJ’s , from the outside in, conceptualize new messaging concepts, that would resonate with younger non members….through both traditional and digital channels.
- GPA of 3.4 or above
- Preferred major: Business/ Marketing/ Digital Marketing
- Graduation year: Junior/ Senior, Graduate Student
- Leadership experience in programs, projects, clubs-preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced business environment is a plus
- Proficient in Excel, MS office, and Data Analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.