Progress Rail Services Corp.
Auto req ID: 5065BR
Posting Title: Software Developer Intern
Job Category: IT
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Perform the daily activities of a Junior Developer with the guidance of an Application Development Manager.
Key Job Elements
- Works with custom developed software applications, SQL based databases and development operation tools.
- Responsibilities will include learning PHP, BitBucket, Jira, SQLDeveloper, ITGCs, and SOx compliance while performing code based software changes as directed.
- Follow written and verbal instructions;
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing;
- Work safely and abide by workplace rules;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- Major/Minor/Concentration and/or prior experience in degree related to computer engineering or software engineering;
Qualifications and Experience
- Computer literacy: Windows-based personal computers and Apple Macintosh systems
- Operating systems and software knowledge like: Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Java.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities