Who are we?
Thunderhead is a privately owned software company, who since launching in 2004 has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market. With its cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead joins up web, mobile, in-store and contact center customer experiences giving brands a multi-dimensional understanding of customer journeys and enabling actionable conversations in real time.
ONE Engagement Hub is an innovative solution that enables an organization to deliver a more unified, personal, relevant and engaging customer experience across all touchpoints throughout the customer journey.
Who are you?
- You have good object-oriented programming skills
- You know you are a good developer, analytical thinker and problem solver
- You stay on top of industry best practices and are proud to ship robust, reliable, well-tested code
- You are ambitious and keen to align and commit yourself to Thunderhead's goals
- You are committed to success and do whatever it takes to deliver your task on time with high quality
- You are self-motivated to test and retest until what you are about to deliver is as close to perfect as you can possibly make it
- You are passionate about your craft
- You like working in an Agile (Scrum) development environment
- You know how to take instruction and critical guidance, using each for the growth of your skillset
- You are a personable and respectful team player, we interact and collaborate at all times, under all sorts of circumstances and we will expect you to do the same
What we're looking for?
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will work hands-on within the Thunderhead development team focusing on development and delivery of solutions while being guided and mentored by our senior engineers and architects. This role requires an engineer with less than two years' experience and developing technical skills. This role has an emphasis on identifying solutions to complex problems that customers are directly facing in our production environments, providing hands-on experience with multiple areas of our product and technology stack.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be actively involved in the creation of automated tests for new/existing code
- Enhance Thunderhead's product offerings by identifying and fixing bugs and software deficiencies
- Ensure that new software conforms to the agreed-upon definition of done
- Enable testing by ensuring sufficient knowledge transfer to the QA team
- Utilize open-source projects for solving complex problems
- Interface with customers to understand the issues that they face and how to reproduce the issues
- Participate in on-call hours to provide 24/7 support for critical support issues.
The skills that we are looking for:
- Experience with Java or similar object-oriented programming language
- Understanding of the microservices architecture pattern
- Understanding of Hibernate or similar ORM framework
- Knowledge of development in distributed computing, concurrency and parallelism
- Ability to turn numerical algorithms into code
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to Have
- Any experience with Apache Spark would be nice
- Any experience with statistical analysis environments, e.g. Matlab/Octave, R, etc., would be nice
- Some knowledge of distributed programming using grid computing
- An understanding of Cassandra
- Knowledge of Linux, AWS, Azure, etc.
What's the deal?
We will provide you with challenging work together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Salary depends on experience but is highly competitive and includes an annual bonus tied to both individual and company's performance. In addition to joining a collaborative, friendly environment, we provide a range of other benefits, including company-paid health, dental, disability and life insurance, 401K with company match, subsidized gym membership, as well as 18 days' vacation allowance.
Based in our collaborative and vibrant Manchester, NH office, this an essential role within our development team. So, if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based.
Thunderhead is an equal opportunity employer. Thunderhead recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Thunderhead, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best technology to our audiences around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our diverse, passionate, talented and creative employees.