NYC Department of Buildings
- The NYC Department of Buildings is responsible for ensuring the safe and lawful use of buildings and properties by enforcing the NYC Construction Codes, Energy Code and Zoning Resolution. We
- Perform research and gather and analyze data as part of an effort to develop a knowledge base for contact center staff
- Assist with designing, creating and maintaining the knowledge base and training materials
- Document recommendations and analysis for new processes and best practices to help identify ways the customer service unit and all Department staff can improve interactions with customers.
facilitate compliant development with integrity, efficiency and professionalism. We are committed to becoming a premier municipal building organization, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all
New Yorkers and making our city safer. We are committed to improving our performance and developing procedures that are streamlined, understandable and transparent.
The Customer Service Unit is dedicated to standardizing and elevating the level of customer service throughout the NYC Department of Buildings. We strive to provide staff members with the skills and techniques they need to meet the needs and expectations of Buildings’ internal and external customers.
NOTE: Appointment to this title is only valid for the duration of the Program, June - August each year.
- Strong communication and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Wordpress
- Graphic design skills are preferred but not required
Area(s) of Study: Communications, Graphic Design, Liberal Arts
Internships are available between May and September for a maximum duration of thirteen (13) weeks.
For Current City Employees: Visit Employee Self-Service (ESS) to view and apply for available positions. Click on Recruiting Activities, Careers, and search for the specific Job ID #
No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED