Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Experience extracting, transforming, and cleaning multi-TB data sets in a Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience in data mining and optimizing database query performance in SQL or Oracle
- Knowledge and direct experience using statistical packages and business intelligence tools such as SPSS, SAS, S-PLUS, or R
Amazon is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer Intern to help manage our ever growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business questions. You will seek out hidden and valuable correlations between the easily-measurable and the hard-to-quantify, within immense volumes of real-world data. You will also formulate quantitative metrics which allow us to track our progress, and then devise creative measurement and audit solutions which allow us to track those metrics with minimal cost and human effort. You will provide input into business and technical direction, steering broader solutions in support of these objectives. This role is expected to push the boundaries of measurability without sacrificing rigor. Internship is located in Seattle, Washington. This internship is a full-time role (40 hrs/week) for 12 weeks between May 2019-September 2019.
- Experience with AWS Solutions, including EC2, S3, Redshift, EMR (or Hadoop)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies and familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies
- Skilled at data visualization and presentation
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science
- Exemplary communication skills, ability to work with large cross functional teams of technical and non-technical members
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
- Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining
- Strong desire to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.