Requisition ID: 248746
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Project
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With the Internship Experience Project (iXp) in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
Title: SAP iXp Intern – Marketing Executive Operations Lead
Office Location: Hudson Yards, New York, NY
Contract Duration: 12 months
Anticipated Start Date: June 8, 2020
About the team:
The Global Sponsorships team aims to provide first class experiences to our customers and stakeholders. Our goal is to run efficiently as a team and ensure the support to all team members in order to deliver effectively in a deadline-oriented environment.
What you’ll do:
This role includes two important aspects:
Strategic Assistant to Head of Americas – Global Sponsorships
- Work with Americas Sponsorship lead to prepare for all upcoming meetings with context, pre-meeting documents, and briefings
- Identify and manage internal and external speaking and publication opportunities, including the coordination of the production of all relevant research, messaging, talk track and presentation materials
- Act as main point of contact for all scheduling and planning requests
- Arrange meetings for team managers including coordination of Team Meetings and larger partner and external events
- Coordination of travel arrangements, including organizational preparation and booking of travel expenses
- Maintain weekly task list that provides tracking and status for each property to update and used to manage and facilitate the management of each property
- Meet with Property Managers on a bi-weekly basis to ensure status and progess are tracked accurately for each of the properties
Business Analyst for Global Sponsorships
- Create planning and strategy documents for property leads
- Manage special projects and activities as they occur
- Manage relationship with SAP’s sponsorship agency of record
- Hold bi-weekly meetings with the agency to understand performance and strategy
- Critically review agency support and search for optimizations
- Create alignment amongst North America Sponsorships team through concise documentation of processes and expectations
- Track team’s fulfillment of requests made by higher level management
- Submit and track shopping carts and Purchase Orders (POs) across North America properties
- Handle all shopping cart status changes or delays
- Responsible for creating all new vendors for payment
- Update Business Management Operations (BMO) contact with all non-contract costs from North American properties
- Update the North America budget overview document with most recent figures
- Oversee North America GST budget and effectively communicate it to all North America Sponsorship team members
Who you are:
Current student at a university or recent graduate – preferred fields of study: Business Administration, Sports & Entertainment, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, & related fields – but MUST have the ability to support this role full-time.
Skills / Competencies
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
- Language skills: Fluent in English
- Soft skills: Organized, detailed driven, responsive and able to multi-task in a timely manner, strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate, strong work ethic and positive attitude
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.