Research for Action
About the Organization
Research for Action (RFA) seeks to use research as the basis for the improvement of educational opportunities and outcomes for traditionally underserved students. Our work is designed to strengthen public schools and postsecondary institutions; provide research-based recommendations to policymakers, practitioners and the public at the local, state and national levels; and enrich the civic and community dialogue about public education.
Research for Action is seeking a Communications intern to help with social media posting, light graphics and layout, and potentially website content.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Posting social media (30% of time)
- Creating social graphics (20% of time)
- Layout of documents (25% of time)
- Migrating website content (25% of time)
- Other tasks, as requested
Skill Sets and Experience
Social Media Management, Basic Adobe Creative Cloud, Basic WordPress, Microsoft Office
Hours Per Week: 12-16 hours per week.
- For this position, interns not receiving work-study will be paid $8.00/hr.
- Only complete applications including Resume & Cover Letter will be taken into consideration when hiring for the internship.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good standing.
- Summer internships run from May-September.
- Exact start and end dates are based on the needs of the project and the availability of the intern.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until all positions have been filled.
- Research for Action qualifies for work-study and PHEAA. Interns may also be eligible for course credit.
- If hired, a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed at the start of employment (reference page 3 of the I-9 Form for acceptable forms of ID).
Research for Action is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $8.00 /hour
- communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- marketing communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- design: 1 year (Preferred)
- marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Monday to Friday