Research for Action
Policy Research Intern – PACER Project
About the Organization
Research for Action (RFA) seeks to use research as the basis for the improvement of educational opportunities and outcomes for traditionally underserved students. Our work is designed to strengthen public schools and postsecondary institutions; provide research-based recommendations to policymakers, practitioners and the public at the local, state and national levels; and enrich the civic and community dialogue about public education.
The Pennsylvania Clearinghouse for Education Research–or PACER–is designed to inform state education policy discussions through rigorous, objective research; regular policy briefs; and research-based commentaries in leading media outlets statewide. The Allegheny County Education Research (ACER) project provides robust, timely, and actionable independent research and analysis to inform educational policy and practice in Allegheny County public schools.
RFA is currently seeking a Policy Research Intern to support project staff in conducting research activities in support of upcoming PACER and ACER policy briefs.
- Conduting literature review (estimated 30% of time)
- Policy scans (estimated 30% of time)
- Cleaning data (estimated 20% of time)
- Descriptive data analysis (estimated 20% of time)
- Other research tasks, as requested
Skill Sets and Experience
Quantitative analysis using STATA and Excel, data cleaning, research, writing
Hours Per Week: maximum 20 hours per week
- For this position, interns not receiving work-study will be paid $8.00/hr.
- Only complete applications including Resume & Cover Letter will be taken into consideration when hiring for this internship.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good standing.
- Summer internships run from May-September.
- Exact start and end dates are based on the needs of the project and the availability of the intern.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until all positions have been filled.
- Research for Action qualifies for work-study and PHEAA. Interns may also be eligible for course credit.
- If hired, a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed at the start of employment (reference page 3 of the I-9 Form for acceptable forms of ID).
Research for Action is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $8.00 /hour
- One location
- Flexible schedule
- College Credit
- Monday to Friday