Technical Sales Engineer – Graduate Training Program (GTP)
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you work with engineers, architects, contractors and owners/developers in the design, application and sale of systems, controls, parts and services for commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. These systems will include the world's most complete line of efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and building management controls.
Do you want to be more than just a competent engineer? A career in technical sales demands a good engineering background but also requires excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills & credible relationship building skills, determination and impressive confidence. You will attend The Trane Graduate Training Program (GTP) - a 5-month classroom training program designed to prepare engineers for a rewarding career in technical sales. The program is geared toward developing sales engineers to sell Trane's complex HVAC systems and services to commercial and industrial customers. Upon completion of the Program, you will assume responsibilities of a Sales Account Manager focusing on Systems, Services, or Controls within a pre-assigned office location.
Why should you choose our technical sales training program? Started in 1926 and recognized as the industry's most comprehensive training program, the GTP provides you with intensive technical, business, sales and leadership training, with an emphasis on maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards. As a participant, you will:
- Attend lectures and technical presentations that are practical for this career
- Hear about real world projects from visiting Trane sales engineers, managers and customers
- Complete meaningful homework assignments; and
- Participate in individual and team projects.
- Relocation for 5 Months of training in La Crosse, WI and Less than 15% in a defined geographic location post La Crosse, WI Training
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Open to all engineering areas of emphasis)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the dream to significantly impact organization revenue through sales
- Strong Goal Orientation and desire to pursue a Career working directly with Customers as a Technical Sales Consultant
- Possess a Valid State issued Driver’s License with ability to provide proof of insurance
- Be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.