T. Rowe Price
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Associate Software Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
About the Role:
The T Rowe Price Fixed Income Front Office technology team is looking for a recent college graduate who is passionate about technology and software engineering to join our team in building a suite of next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled applications. In this role, you will be part of an Agile team whose mission it is to develop new capabilities using modern web/cloud technologies used by our Portfolio Managers, Quantitative and Fundamental Analysts.
This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, logic, data and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business. We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we’ll give you challenging work that has an impact / opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that’s how we help our clients succeed.
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Strong work ethic
- Solid working knowledge of at least one language such as Java, C++ or Python
- Exposure to some of the following concepts: object oriented programming, software engineering techniques, quality assurance, parallel programming, databases, networking, etc.
- Understanding of ATDD, TDD, and test automation and desire to write simple, adaptive and iterative code.
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationships
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views.
The following are consider a plus:
- Experience building modern web applications, with experience deploying to public or private clouds (AWS, Azure, Openstack, Rackspace, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern front end frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone, React, etc.
- An advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, time-series analysis, algorithms.
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.