Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Junior-Level Machine Learning (ML) / Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer to join a diverse, highly technical team working to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering solutions. Dynetics’ National Intelligence Department support members of the US Intelligence Community in software development, modeling and simulation, hardware development, and systems analysis.
A successful candidate will have formal training in ML/AI algorithms and technologies. This may include a subset of, but is not necessarily limited to, the following skills and techniques:
- Ensemble Learning Techniques
- Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) including Deep Neural Networks (DNN), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), and Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN)
- Feature Engineering
- Dimensionality Reduction
- Statistical Methods such as Bayesian Statistics and statistical tests
- Data Visualization
- Model Interpretability
- ML/AI hardware including GPUs, GPU clusters, and cloud computing using Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or Amazon AWS/C2S
The candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team interacting with contractors and government personnel to achieve program objectives, but must also be comfortable working independently to analyze technical information and develop innovative solutions to problems. The candidate must be capable of and comfortable with learning new software languages, technologies, systems, and skillsets as part of a fast-paced and evolving environment. Projects will range from the implementation of algorithms in existing literature to utilizing open source libraries to develop both ML/AI models, data analysis, and developing software products which utilize ML/AI and statistical methods.
Candidates are encouraged to provide code samples by way of Github or similar if available.
Project assignments and responsibilities may include the following:
- Development and contribution to software design utilizing ML/AI to meet customer requirements.
- Collaboration with non-ML/AI engineers and scientists to ascertain suitability for ML/AI techniques to solve customer problems
- Development of rapid prototyping algorithms and software solutions using scripting languages or open source libraries
- Development of ML/AI software products using object oriented principles in a variety of languages and operating environments. Example software products could include radar and missile simulations, network protocol simulations, simulated cyber attacks, hardware virtualization and emulation, distributed simulation architectures, and data analysis solutions.
- Integration of ML/AI models, simulations, and software products into existing operating environments through software interface development.
- Software and algorithm documentation to include design documents, administration guides, user guides, and test validation reports.
- Development of software unit tests and continuous integration infrastructures to automate the testing of candidate releases.
Creation of deployable software deliveries to include all relevant documentation and change logsIND3
- Candidate must be a US citizen and possess at least a Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical degree with up to 5 years of technical experience for a Bachelor’s Degree or up to 3 years of experience for a Master’s degree.
- Candidate must have object oriented software development experience using C++, Java, Python or related languages.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and work cohesively in a team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the ideal candidate would have experience with the following:
- ML/AI algorithm implementation using Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, Theanos or similar
- Data analysis using Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, MATLAB, pandas or similar
- Source control management using Git, Mercurial, TortoiseSVN or similar
- Data visualization using matplotlib, Plotly, ggplot, Seaborn or similar
- Software development using AGILE methodologies
Experience with any of the following are not required but would be desirable:
- ML/AI model training and deployment in low-power, mobile/embedded devices
- Software development using Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Networking Protocols
Candidates with an active security clearance are preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.