Requisition ID: 249848
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose & Objective of Position
The purpose of the internship program at SAP under P&I Analytics EIM organization is to provide an opportunity for college students to apply theory and earn the real life experience in Quality Assurance developer role to deliver software under SAP’s standard product development framework.
Expectations & Tasks
- Research/develop an automation methodology using the latest home-grown or industrial automation tools
- Design and develop test automation infrastructure for various features/modules in web-based applications
- Participate in design and develop functional test plans/specifications, testing strategy and test cases
- Participate in test case creation and execution, and define areas for further automation or improvement
- Understand product testing and conduct the test automation
- Install, configure and maintain the hardware and software on various Windows and UNIX testing environments
- Develop, execute and maintain manual and automated test procedures
- Report, track, and manage defect resolution to the closure
- Attendance of meetings, participate in reviews, report and track defect issues
- Communicate plan, progress, and issues in a timely manner
Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge in SQL and any database like MySQL or SQL Server
- Experience working on project to solve real life problems
- Knowledge in any testing methodology is a plus
- Ability to self-learn rapidly while applying knowledge effectively
- Ability to work on multi-tasking and act on own initiative are required
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Good verbal/written English communication skill
- Willing to work with remote team in different time zone
- Detail-oriented and well organized
Educational Requirements (degrees, class completion, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor candidate in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Have completed classes or training like computer language, data structure, computer algorthm and SQL/Database
Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or Masters degree program which is applicable to the position
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.