Micro Focus Fortify is seeking a highly motivated Software Security Research Intern to work in our Santa Clara, CA office. This individual will work with the Software Security Research team.
The Software Security Research (SSR) team specializes in approaching security from the perspective of how we build and use software.
SSR research identifies new types of software vulnerabilities, created the taxonomy used by all Fortify products, and highlights broad security problems in development practices. In addition, the SSR team is responsible for quarterly releases of security content Micro Focus Fortify products (Static Code Analyzer, Web Inspect, Fortify on Demand, Runtime, and Software Security Center server). These updates expand the types of issues detected as well as platforms and libraries supported. Content updates are driven by customer needs and the SSR team’s broader research agenda, allowing the Fortify products to keep up with a rapidly evolving development and security landscape.
We are looking for Computer Science/Engineering students who understand that security is more than firewalls and encryption. Software security is becoming a bigger concern as more and more organizations are experiencing embarrassing public incidents with large losses of data. We're looking for student interns to assist our professional team.
- Expand the security content and capabilities of Micro Focus Fortify’s products
- Improve Fortify’ s ability to communicate with and educate customers about security issues
- Follow trends in software security and assess their significance
- Investigate and implement techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities
- Discover new methods for automatic identification of vulnerabilities
- Extract the essence of known vulnerabilities to shape products of the future
- Identify new vulnerabilities in open source projects and customer code
- Must currently be enrolled in a Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Must be graduating AFTER August 2020
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for the Summer internship.
- Strong communication and analytic skills
From class projects or internships:
- Must have working knowledge/experience in multiple programming languages e.g. C/C++, Java, C#/ASP.NET
- Interest in Software Security and Secure Development
- Working knowledge of common security software flaws
- Proficient in Python, Objective C or .NET
- Previous experience/internship with Source code auditing (especially Fortify SCA)
- Previous experience/internship working in a large enterprise software development environment
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status