Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
We are seeking a Marketing Intern to join our media & events team for the summer. Working on the marketing team would give prospective interns access to email campaigns that reach millions of people annually, award winning editorial and design staff and robust events that take over convention centers such as McCormick Place.
The key goal of the internship is to learn the skills and abilities it takes to be a Marketing Specialist on the media and events team. Upon successful completion of the internship, a prospective intern should be able to:
- Write and edit ad copy featured in print or digital ads
- Build email campaigns from path conception to execution
- Create target markets based on client specifications
- Conceptualize and design print, digital or video-based media highlighting brands
- Effectively communicate internally amongst several teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sophomor or junior year of an accredited university or similar institution
- Previous expereince in either a marketing, sales or design capacity is preferred, not required
- Ability to commit a minimum of 10 working hours per week in our Chicago office
- Availability for a 3-month assignment beginning May/June 2020 (with the potential to extend)
- High degree of initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Photoshop, Acrobat and Indesign
- Experience working with Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Premiere preferred, not required
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
This internship is un-paid, although college credit is available.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.