Direct-hire position in the automotive industry with one of the leading global providers
We are looking for a driven Software Engineer to design and implement software for the automotive industry. This role will actively participate in the development and the field support of these machines, worldwide.
- Programming real-time/multitasking control software in C/C++/C#.
- Troubleshoot multiprocessor software and hardware systems in the lab and in the field. Communicate with customers and team members to define requirements and resolve functionality or schedule conflicts.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Understanding of electronic and computer hardware systems, and the ability to use this knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and advise others
Education and Experience
- BSCS or BSEE or BSCE with equivalent programming experience strongly preferred.
- Past experience with programming of serial and network communication interfaces (RS 232/422, Ethernet)
- Familiarity with Unix, and Windows programming
- Object oriented programming experience
- Understanding of mechanisms and mechanical components
Responsibilities (Others may be assigned)
- Document code and manuals to ease software maintenance
- Supports new equipment and equipment-installed base by providing on line support or on location support throughout the world
- Modify and maintain software upgrades
- Up to 25% of time may be spent on the research and development of new products.
- Travel to various locations all local to the Detroit area
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- How many years of experience do you have with software development in C/C++/C#?
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift