Innovee Consulting LLC
Innovee's public sector client needs a Junior Application Developer who has excellent hands-on expertise in web application development using Microsoft .NET/C#/ SQL Server technologies. The web-based, mobile-first, workflow-enabled system will integrate with other internal and external systems.
- Perform detailed application design, coding and unit/integration/performance testing.
- Develop and integrate complex application modules using .NET 4.0/4.5, ASP.NET, C#, n-Tier architecture and XML-based web services and application development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2012/2013 and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Perform/manage relational database design, normalization, T-SQL/stored procedures with SQL Server 2012.
- Develop T-SQL/stored procedures, generate reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and develop SSIS packages.
- Perform configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management using tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test Manager, Team System and SharePoint Server.
- Be responsible for technical quality of the implemented code base and fully understand the implemented design.
- Understand and follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes in a structured environment, including Waterfall, RUP and Agile development methodologies.
- Work closely with architects, senior developers, business analysts and development teams for design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
- Participate in software testing process, including identification and resolution of defects.
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
- Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/ feedback.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete development tasks.
- Collaborate with diverse teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of total experience in object oriented design, development, testing and deployment of mission critical business applications in a web/client-server environment.
- 1-2 years of hands-on development experience with projects involving Microsoft.NET and SQL Server technologies for web, web service and desktop application development using C#.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, HTML5, AJAX, WPF, WCF, MVC, jQuery, Entity Framework, LINQ, Visual Studio 2010/2013.
- 1+ years of relational database design, normalization, T-SQL, stored procedures, SQL Server 2008/2012, Reporting and SSIS packages.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC and standard SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP, Agile/SCRUM to deliver client solutions.
- Exposure to application lifecycle management tools for configuration management, version control and testing.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as team member/developer.
- Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Entry-level certifications and/or training in application development.
- Technically proficient in more than one language and platform.
- Expertise and knowledge of building large-scale information systems.
- Experience in GIS tools and map integration
- Application development expertise with permit management systems.
- Prior experience in federal/state/local government projects.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
- developing applications in a web/client-server environment: 3 years (Required)
- hands on .Net development: 2 years (Required)
- T-SQL, stored procedures, SQL Server 2008/2012, Reporting: 2 years (Required)
- New York, NY 10041 (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 7 - 11 months
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Retirement plan
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday